Sunday, April 15, 2012

Busy Busy where did the time go...

So it's mid April and I keep trying to stay on top of this blog better but things keep cropping up. Got caught up on The Breakout which is nearing it's completion, and still looking for an outdoor tent for vending. Next weekend I am off to the Midwest Horse Fair to scout the show and get reference pictures. A newer project is heading up the Sheboygan Dog Run volunteer committee. I have four people that are heading up various areas within the park including surveying the usage of the park by the public. It may turn out to be a short project as I am hearing not a lot of people would like anything done with the park, and we may hit a brick wall with the town of Wilson about making improvements. It is proving to be a huge learning experience though even if I don't get any credit for any of the improvements. A totally art note would be that I am being invited to speak to some high school art kids about being a professional artist, using social media, agents and representing yourself. With all this going on plus 45 hr weeks I haven't had much time for doing the art part of my business, but having lots of art is no good if you have no one to sell it to. So all this networking will help out down the road.

No comments: